Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Pupil Premium Statement for 2021_22
Pupil Premium was introduced by the Government in 2011 and is allocated to schools based upon the number of pupils who are or have been registered for free school meals at any point over the previous six years (known as Ever6), Looked After Children (LAC) or Post-Looked After Children.
For 2018-2019 the amount of Pupil Premium allocated was £1,320 for each 'Ever6' FSM pupil and £1,900 for each Looked After Child. Please see below for our Pupil Premium statement for 2018-2019
Pupil Premium Statement 2020-21
For 2020-2021 the amount of Pupil Premium allocated will be £1345 for each 'Ever6' FSM pupil and £2345 for each Looked After Child or post-Looked After Child.
The Pupil Premium Grant is to be used to raise the attainment of ‘Ever6’, LAC pupils and post-LAC pupils and close the gap between free school meal (FSM) and non-FSM pupils. Here at Stalmine we are committed to making every penny of the Pupil Premium count.
The estimated amount of Pupil Premium allocated for 2020/2021 is £23,520. In line with our School Development Plan to raise attainment of disadvantaged, Pupil Premium, FSM and Ever 6 children we will allocate funding for 2020/21 in the following areas:
- To accelerate progress in Literacy and Numeracy
- To provide targeted Speech and Language support
- To improve curriculum opportunities for children - resources/clubs/visits etc. although this will be dependent upon current restrictions due to COVID-19.
- Provide emotional / social support and intervention for identified groups
- To provide personalised learning opportunities - mentoring, 1-to-1 support, intervention
- Targeted PD training for well-being
- Targeted PD training for intervention
- PD for 'closing the gap' using EEF and additional training partners.